Monday 15 September 2008

Lists from now on

It’s been 5 weeks since leaving Australia and already I have the sensation of not knowing how to correspond about it in emails and even less so in a blog. My head has been a jumble of four languages and every day has been filled with newness, even trips to the supermarket and street signs are entertaining (sometimes at least). So, how do you choose.

Leaving Melbourne was exhausting so the week in Tokyo was a funny combination of fatigue and sensory overload. Oh, but, I did love it, I think, and I hope I go back. Paris was super-bonne, I had been there twice, no, three times, before, but not lived in Belleville and not in such good company. Being in Berlin, now, for longer (how long?) feels slower-paced, more relaxed but also there are things to get done like getting back to work and finding somewhere to live. We have borrowed bikes and it is good to ride places and let the city take shape. It is turning cold – too soon for my liking! – but maybe it will be warm again just a little? I hope? We start German classes tomorrow, the 4 hours of confusion spent enrolling for the VHS resulted in my getting placed in Beginner’s Level 2, despite not quite passing the entry test, so I have spent this evening trying to remember what little German I ever had and learn some more. I’m nervous about it.

I am going to try writing lists only here for a while, I think, I have still not found my way in to blogging, let along formed a habit, perhaps a restriction will provide some incentive.

No comments: