Friday 12 February 2010

experimenta

Utopia Now looks like fun... I must go back and see it without champagne goggles on and so many hobnobbing people in front of the art. That was nice in its own way, of course, and there were showbags with little jars of chutney in them! and a view of a very full river after the big storm.

I met the maker of a work called International Dance Party I had already enjoyed at the kunstlerhaus bethanien in Berlin and I was bummed that I wasn't there earlier to see him and a French artist secretly swap name-tags to get interviewed by the ABC about their works. But I did catch them afterwards discussing in admiring terms the interviews they had given as each other (complete with an explanation for the journalist as to why a German artist had a French accent).

I didn't get to check out the exhibition version of You Were In My Dream by clever Van Sowerwine and Isobel Knowles but will be sure to when I go back.

Also wondering whether to try to catch Momoyo Torimitsu's robot businessman crawling along Collins Street this evening.

No comments: