Friday 25 April 2008

No News = No News

I was talking to Dell (typing-talking) and she said blog more but I am still struggling with this blogging thing and how to write news about things that feel like not-news. Or what to write about here. But here is an attempt at 'what has been happening lately'.

Today is Anzac Day, first day off in some time, lots of sleeping and sitting in the gallery in the afternoon with Simon while he drew a giant robot monkey. Luke came by and we made exquisite corpse stories. There have been conversations about biscuits, given the day, but I have eaten none.

Been working a bunch of different jobs. Keep having stretches that feel endless of no days off and late nights trying to finish things. Working weekends is wearing a bit thin... of course it feels like since I have been doing that everybody is having the best birthdays and barbeques and soirees that I cannot go to.

It's all for a good cause. Work = Money and Money = Being Able to Do Stuff in the Future. And Work can be interesting besides and sometimes I learn things I didn't know before. And it beats NO work. But I miss seeing friends and family and doing fun things.

I wonder when the time will come when I am not living with some future time in mind?

Tonight is one of those nights that EVERYBODY has decided to have a party or opening.

And I have to work tomorrow and I feel sleepy and like it might be hard to go back out into the world again just at the moment...

1 comment:

Adam said...

hi kate. i forgot about your blog. i'm catching up now. x