Thursday 28 February 2008

the good, the bad and

the good...
I got a birthday postcard from germany today, hooray!
I also went to my first ever session of book club.
I used to wonder how you go about having 'book club.' ... I had visions of a Murray-from-Flight-of-the-Conchords type situation where we have a rollcall and all have to say "present" and then follow an agenda... which thinking about it might be kind of cute (it is when those conchords do it...). But it was more like what I alternatively imagined where you start talking about the book but then get sidetracked and eventually talk about the book again, then get sidetracked again, and one person has to block their ears part of the time because they haven't quite finished reading it yet and then you eventually try to sum up with final conclusions on the book but get a bit sidetracked there too and then you spend time trying to pick a book for next month through a process of excluding what everbody definitely doesn't want to read and then you pick one and go home. And in between there's eating and drinking. I liked it. Some interesting different insights on the book. Nice company. And some workplace gossip from not-my-workplace. Yay Kylee for organising. Now I have to read Kafka on the Shore for next time. Do my best...

the bad...
Yesterday I had to go to hospital and get sedated and filled full of tubes to check on a bellyache I have had for a long time. Thankfully no signs of imminent doom, but I now have a bellyache considerably worse than the usual one, from being stuck full of tubes. OWOWOWOWOWOW...

the ugly...
not much ugly actually... lucky me.

1 comment:

Minta said...

kakfa on the shore is a blooming big book...picking up from the library today.
i hope your bellyache has quit.
i think we need to plan 2 books in advance for the slow reader, they can have two months to read the second book. What think you?